Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Tax Day!

Well - our new tax collector went above and beyond today. He was standing out in his driveway waiting for all of us to drive up (or walk by) with our tax returns (and, like some of us - our checks) in hand to turn in. I didn't even have to get out of the car. He took the paperwork, handed me my receipt, and off I went. Now that's what I call service.

Thanks John for a job well done!
=========
Speaking of Taxes, I'd also like to say a special "thank you" to our former tax collector Hazel DeReamus. Hazel took care of us (and kept us honest) for many many years, and, even though I had to write a check, I always looked forward to tax day and my annual chat with Hazel at her dining room table. Thank you Hazel for your many years of service to the borough, and for the care and attention that you paid to all of us. You truly made a difference.

No comments: