Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some Thoughts . . .

I apologize for the lack of posting lately. I have been computerless - my home PC crashed (along with all my data - thankfully I had backups of everything that was important).

There have been a few questions posted (via comments) here that I have neglected to answer, so here goes, in no particular order:

1. "How come the office door is always closed?" It's summertime and the air conditioning is on. The office hours are clearly posted on the door. If you find that the office is locked when it's supposed to be open (and there's no notice posted on the door) please let me know immediately.

2. "Who is minding the hours of the secretaries other than themselves; who monitors their expenditures; who reviews their actions?" That responsibility ultimately lies with the Borough Council President, who assures me that he's minding the store. Regarding the expenditures, Council reviews and approves, monthly, the budget and spending for the entire borough, not just the borough office.

3. "Why is the office being used as an Avon distribution depot?" That's a new one. Do you have proof? If so, please let me know and I'll investigate futher.

4. "What are the chances of an official borough website?" Well, it just so happens that I'm working on a beta version of a website as we speak. Unfortunately all the data was lost in my computer crash (it wasn't included in my backups) so now I'm starting again from scratch. Be on the lookout for something soon. BTW - our domain name is "tatamypa.org".

5. The July council roundup will be coming - probably later this evening or tomorrow night.

Thanks for the feedback. It's very helpful.

See you around town!

No comments: