Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Street Lighting - Update

At the December council meeting, Borough Council is scheduled to formally adopt the streets in the Tatamy Hunt sub division. A letter was sent by Borough Solicitor, Elviria LaBarre to the attorney for the developer telling them that unless the lights are turned on, the borough will not adopt the streets.

Knowing how much they want the streets dedicated (and their escrow money released), here's to hoping that they will get this resolved before our 12/1 meeting. However, if past history is any indication of future performance, I'm not holding my breath. Here's hoping folks . . .

Perhaps its time for the residents living in Tatamy Hunt to send a letter or email to the developer - telling him how much they love their houses, especially at night, in the dark. While you're at it, you might want to thank him for installing the beautiful light posts. They do look nice - in the daytime.

2 comments:

Bernie O'Hare said...

Good Post!

Chris said...

Thanks Bernie. I'm at my wits end with this whole thing, along with my other colleagues on council. Enough is enough. They want the streets turned over - we want the lights turned on. Seems to be a fair exchange to me.

For my "day" job, I'm in charge of managing client service delivery. If I delivered service to my clients in the same way that this is being handled, I'd have lost my job months ago. This issue has been discussed in the borough minutes since January of this year. All the inaction is driving me absolutely nuts.

At this point it's totally inexcusable and something must be done.