Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tatamy Car Show, Other . . .

Sorry folks - life has gotten away from me and this morning I just realized it's been a month since I posted anything here. I've been traveling and quite busy at work (believe me, I'm not complaining at all about that one) so I apologize for being quiet. In any event, there are a few things that you should know:

1. The annual Tatamy Car Show is being held today on Broad Street. Please come out and support the Tatamy Historical Society and the drivers who have braved the elements (or at least the threat of rain and storms) who are bringing their cars. I hear them already.

2. At last month's Council meeting, borough council passed an engine braking ordinance forbidding the use of "jake brakes" within the borough limits on 8th Street and on Broad Street. Signs are being made up and will be posted. Thanks to the citizen in Tatamy Hunt for suggesting that. We also discussed the possibility of restricting truck traffic through the Tatamy Hunt development. Our engineer Bob Mack will be back this month with some recommendations and hopefully we can propose an ordinance. Stay tuned.

3. It looks like the street lights in Tatamy Hunt are finally being replaced (Thanks John for the heads up). I realize the lights are not the "fancy schmancy" ones that were installed by the developer, they are nicer than the ones that I thought MetEd was going to install (standard brushed aluminum post with a light at the end of a mast arm hanging over the street). Hopefully once they're all in and powered up this will FINALLY put an end to that whole mess.

That's it for today - I hope to see everyone at the car show (come out before it rains).

No comments: