Saturday, February 20, 2010

Borough Office Safe

Thought I'd share something funny. When the former secretary, Joanne Keifer left, I asked her to provide to us the combination to the safe in the office. She unfortunately didn't have the combination - and had told me that she hadn't used the safe in years, and forgot it. In any event, through the help of the Police Chief, we obtained the combination of the safe from the manufacturer.

Well, Chief Achenbach and I met this morning at the Borough Office and opened the safe. Neither of us knew what to expect. Could it be important papers that have been missing for centuries? Could there be thousands of dollars in forgotten cash? The secret to world peace? The tension was mounting as I dialed in the last of the numbers. Next step - flip the lever and open the door . . . . .

Let's just say that I now know how Geraldo Rivera felt.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend! :-)

No comments: