Sunday, March 1, 2009

Diner 248 - An Impromptu Review

My daughter Emilee and I were going grocery shopping this afternoon, and decided to stop and have lunch while we were out. Since we were going to Wegmans anyway, I decided to try the new 248 Diner located on the westbound side of Rt. 248 between Northwood Ave. and the Easton Wal*Mart (formerly a Jack Creek Steakhouse). I'm not a professional restaurant reviewer - but I will tell you that I had one of the best experiences in a restaurant I've had in quite a while. The atmosphere is nice, the background music was awesome (they were playing XM/Sirius's "The Coffee House" - all acoustic versions of everything imaginable).

I had the best bowl of chili I've had in a while; my burger was cooked to perfection and Emilee had a big bowl of soup and a plate of spaghetti and meatballs that she wasn't able to finish. One thing to note - unlike most diners, breakfast is only available until 2PM. They do, however, have a full-service bar, again, unlike most diners.

The food was good, and the service was top notch. The two of us ate for just under $25.

Bottom line - if you're in the area, and you're hungry - try Diner 248. You too might be pleasantly surprised.

See you at the diner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one question I have about this place is, is it localy owned? Does anyone know? Or is this the venture of someone from out of state?

Chris said...

Hi Goten - thanks for stopping by!

As far as I know, Diner 248 is locally owned and operated.